Skip to main content

Ogilvy & Mather: Post 1

Interning at Ogilvy & Mather has definitely been an eye-opening experience. Since I worked at The Vox Collective where the structural format was somewhat relaxed, transitioning to a large advertising agency like Ogilvy has taught me some new things.

Coming from a smaller agency where you saw and spoke to the CEO almost everyday, I have learned that a bigger agency like Ogilvy is hierarchal. I have also learned, to a greater extent, that my profession is stressful and extremely demanding. If you’re not courting clients, you’re guiding creative. You’re also managing a budget, strategizing a plan, and seeing numerous million dollar projects through. It’s crazy, it’s detailed, and it requires absolute efficiency and patience. Many of the interns I know are thinking twice before working in client services or even advertising overall.

I am still 100% sure this is what I want to do for a living. It’s not easy, and looking at my performance review, which had positives but also combating negatives, it’s going to take time and experience.

I miss life at the Vox Collective. It was smooth and communal because of its size. Life at Ogilvy is different but rewarding if your good enough to rise the ranks.

Comments