Skip to main content

The Bonnie & Clyde Campaign

As I have stated in my earlier blogs. I try to keep up with good Advertising campaigns. A successful one that caught my attention was Burger King's "Whopper Freakout" campaign. It was a perfect example of Advertising and Public Relations (PR) working together. That's the reason why I call it the Bonnie & Clyde Campaign.

At my college, students talk among each other trying to decide which career - Advertising or PR - is better. I feel both careers should work together to do what's best for the client. The "Whopper Freakout" campaign was a great PR stunt, and it generated publicity in renowned newspapers such as the Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Advertising did its part with a TV commercial that not only entertained consumers but also drew them on-line for more information and videos of the campaign. I could just envision the AD/PR team sitting together in a conference room and working out the details. This is how our industry should work.

At my last job, the advertising agency had a PR Department but, within the time of my employment there, I never truly saw the PR Department and Advertising personnel working together to develop an integrated campaign like the "Whopper Freakout". Personally, this type of work should be done more often because PR and Advertising should complement each other just like Bonnie & Clyde.

Comments